For over twenty-five years, initially as a physician and surgeon and subsequently as an attorney exclusively representing injury victims, I have worked to help individuals overcome the physical, emotional and financial devastation inflicted by serious injury. It is a privilege for me to represent seriously injured individuals and their families against insurance companies, corporations, drug companies, doctors, hospitals and individuals seeking to avoid the consequences of their negligence. No matter how extensive or advanced the medical treatment, an individual and his or her family is never physically or emotionally the same after trauma alters their lives.
In individually evaluating and preparing each case entrusted to me, I rely upon both my medical experience and legal skills. While a Board Certified physician and diplomate of the American Board of Surgery for over ten years, I dealt with the medical consequences of significant injury daily. As an attorney, I have been able to effectively demonstrate the true depth of injury in the courtroom.
For an attorney with experience, dedication and resources, the legal system provides an avenue of compensation for the totality of injury suffered. Settlements and jury awards must fairly include not only current status and financial need, but must consider long-term prognosis and ongoing financial burden.
- M.D., Universidad Centro de Estudios Technicos (1980)
- Resident and Chief Resident, Department of Surgery the Methodist Hospital of New York (1981 – 1986)
- Fellow, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Hebrew University of Jerusalem/Hadassah Medical Center (1988 – 1991)
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, State University of New York at Buffalo (1995)
- Licensed to practice Law in the State of New York. Admitted to Federal District Courts in the Western District of New York, Northern District of New York, Northern District of Ohio, Eastern District of Michigan, Western District of Michigan, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York, United States Court of Federal Claims and the United States Supreme Court.
- Litigation attorney, Cellino & Barnes (2002 – Pres.)
- Litigation attorney, Doran & Murphy, Buffalo, New York (1996 – 2002)
- Former Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery (Board Certified Surgeon) (1991-2002)
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Single, Multi Engine and Instrument Airplane (1988 – Pres.)
Honors and Professional Organizations
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Member Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Best Lawyers in America (2009, 2010)
- Best Lawyers in New York (2009, 2010)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The American Trial Lawyers Association (2008)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (1997 – Pres.)
- Bar Association of Erie County, Health Law Committee (1997 – 2006)
- Recipient of the University at Buffalo School of Law Bennett Award for exemplifying the highest standards of the profession and dedication to the ideals of the law (1995)
- Articles Editor, Buffalo Law Review
- Notable results reported in the Jury Verdict Reporter; New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers Academy Practice Update; New York Jury Verdict Reporter and the F.E.L.A. Law Reporter
- Shofar Awards; Boy Scouts of America (2008)
- Board of Trustees; Temple Sinai, Buffalo, New York (2005 - Pres.)
- Executive Board; Woman’s Law Center of Buffalo (1995-1997)
- I happily reside in Western New York with my wife, 2 children, and their ferret.
Attorney Goldstein represents clients in hurt due to medical malpractice, labor law, FELA, plane accidents, dangerous drugs and more.
Cellino & Barnes serves clients throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County, including, but not limited to: Amityville, Babylon, Bayshore, Brentwood, Centereach, Central Islip, Commack, Copiague, Deer Park, Freeport, Hauppauge, Hicksville, Huntington, Islip, Levittown, Lindenhurst, Massapequa, Melville, Merrick, Norwich, Patchogue, Smithtown, Syosset and Wantagh.