I view it as a privilege to be a lawyer and practice law. Having the opportunity to help people who are seriously injured and in their time of need, drew me to join Cellino & Barnes. The reputation of this firm, and the respect it has earned through its courtroom success, make this firm uniquely situated to help those injured by the negligence and carelessness of others.
Preparation is the key to success in any endeavor. Achieving a superior result for my clients is based on this principle. Hard work, diligence and persistence are the cornerstones to securing the best possible result for my clients. Through preparation comes confidence, and with confidence comes results. A thoroughly prepared attorney will impress the judge, jury and usually is the difference between success and failure.
I graduated from Niagara University and The University of Dayton School of Law. I have served as a faculty member for many Continuing Legal Education seminars and conferences. I have authored chapters for texts on Medical Malpractice and Discovery issues, and have edited texts as well. I am a member of the Bar Association of Erie County, the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- B.S. – Niagara University, Economics, Commerce and Labor Relations
- J.D. – The University of Dayton School of Law
- Admitted to practice law in the State of New York by the Appellate Division, Fourth Judicial Department. Also admitted in the United States District Court, Western District of New York and the United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York.
- Trial attorney, Cellino & Barnes (2002- Present)
- Partner, Morris, Cantor, Barnes & Goodman, (1996-2002)
- Associate, Morris, Cantor & Barnes, (1992-1996)
Honors and Professional Organizations
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- Judiciary Committee
- Negligence Committee
- Young Lawyers Committee
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Past Attorney Coach, High School Mock Trial Competition
- Judge, Mock Trial and Moot Court Competition, University at Buffalo School of Law
- Faculty Member, Erie Institute of Law (Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education)
- Faculty Member, NBI Training (Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education)
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Listed in Cambridge Who's Who among Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs.
- Authored chapters for texts on Medical Malpractice and Discovery issues.
- Editorial Board, James Publishing Company, New York Motor Vehicle Accidents.
- Past President, St. George’s Parish Council, West Falls, New York
- Coach and Sponsor, Orchard Park Little League
- I reside in Orchard Park, with my wife and 3 children. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family.
Attorney Goodman represents clients who have been injured in auto accidents, due to medical malpractice, labor law cases and more.
Cellino & Barnes serves clients throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County, including, but not limited to: Amityville, Babylon, Bayshore, Brentwood, Centereach, Central Islip, Commack, Copiague, Deer Park, Freeport, Hauppauge, Hicksville, Huntington, Islip, Levittown, Lindenhurst, Massapequa, Melville, Merrick, Norwich, Patchogue, Smithtown, Syosset and Wantagh.