Since I first began to study the law, I always believed that I would be a trial lawyer. I have always felt more comfortable in the courtroom fighting for my client's best interests than sitting behind a desk. I began my career as an assistant district attorney. During that time I tried more than 100 jury trials. Through these experiences I learned that preparation is the key to winning any trial. To be well prepared, I maintain close contact with all of the people involved in the case, and I personally handle the smallest details.
To properly handle an accident case, dedication and attention to detail are indispensable. I speak to each client personally on a regular basis. I pride myself on knowing how each client's case is developing. With my extensive trial experience, a client never has to worry that his case is being settled because his lawyer doesn't want to take the case to trial. I will fight the fights that need to be fought because I have no fear of the courtroom. On the other hand, I am able to recognize when a case has potential weaknesses, and will recommend a settlement when it is in the best interest of the client.
Continuing legal education is a key to being a good lawyer. I am a member of the Bar Association of Erie County and the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association. I have attended several seminars on a range of topics, including accident reconstruction, forensic analysis, toxic torts, premises liability and insurance law. I served as a judge for the Trial Technique Program at the University of Buffalo Law School and have lectured at several area high schools regarding traffic safety.
- B.A. – University at Buffalo – Cum Laude
- J.D. – University at Buffalo School of Law
- Licensed to practice law in New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and United States District Court.
- Trial attorney, Cellino & Barnes (1998- Present)
- Erie County DA’s Office (1986-1998)
Honors and Professional Organizations
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- I served as a judge for the Trial Technique Program
- Lectured at several area high schools regarding traffic safety
- Actively involved in the United Way.
- I reside in Clarence with my wife and 2 children. In my free time, I enjoy coaching little league baseball and football.
Cellino & Barnes serves clients throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County, including, but not limited to: Amityville, Babylon, Bayshore, Brentwood, Centereach, Central Islip, Commack, Copiague, Deer Park, Freeport, Hauppauge, Hicksville, Huntington, Islip, Levittown, Lindenhurst, Massapequa, Melville, Merrick, Norwich, Patchogue, Smithtown, Syosset and Wantagh.