Twenty years as a trial lawyer has taught me there is no substitute for experience and hard work in the fight for the rights of the client. For five years, I applied those principles as a senior assistant district attorney prosecuting felonies on behalf of the victims of serious crimes. Upon entering private practice, I was chosen by the Chief Criminal Judge in that district to prosecute the perpetrator in a triple homicide case. Since then, I have dedicated my career to achieving justice in hundreds of cases for the victims of injuries caused through the fault of others.
I also believe earning the respect and trust of judges and fellow attorneys is important in obtaining successful results for clients. I have been honored to have been elected by my peers to serve as president of the WNY Trial Lawyers Association. Additionally, I have been selected by other trial lawyers to decide many personal injury cases as an arbitrator.
Combining and applying all these factors to the fullest of our abilities to achieve the best possible result for every client in every case is this firm's mission.
- B.A. – State University College at Buffalo 1977
- J.D. – State University at Buffalo School of Law 1980
- Licensed to practice law in New York and the Federal Court for the Western District of New York.
- Trial attorney, Cellino & Barnes (2002- Present)
- Senior Assistant District Attorney (1981-1985)
- Appointed Special Prosecutor, People v. Charles Mixon (1987)
- Selected as Upstate New York Super Lawyer 2007
Honors and Professional Organizations
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Special Counsel to the Buffalo Police Benevolent Assoc. (1988-Present)
- Legal Instructor, Erie County Central Police Training Services (1987-Present)
- Past President of the WNY Trial Lawyers Association
- President of the Board of Directors of the Erie County Aid to Indigent Prisoners, Inc.
- I reside in Orchard Park, New York with my two children, Elizabeth and Brian.
Richard Barnes represents clients in auto accidents, slip and fall, construction accidents and more.
Cellino & Barnes serves clients throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County, including, but not limited to: Amityville, Babylon, Bayshore, Brentwood, Centereach, Central Islip, Commack, Copiague, Deer Park, Freeport, Hauppauge, Hicksville, Huntington, Islip, Levittown, Lindenhurst, Massapequa, Melville, Merrick, Norwich, Patchogue, Smithtown, Syosset and Wantagh.